Monday, April 23, 2012

1CARE PUBLIC FORUM IN KOTA KINABALU

I have just return from Kota Kinabalu. The meeting went very well. Dato Seri Dr Wan Azizah opened the meeting. I spoke and I also heard Dr Fuziah of Lynas fame speak on the Lynas issue.
Talking to many around, it looks like urban Sabah is ready for change.
The turn-out was about 100-150, good by their standards. There were many press reporters there. Many, many photographers. I had to give out many name cards. They even wish me to explain in Mandarin.
I could see that they know little about 1Care and they are quite upset that the government had left them in the dark. They are even more upset that such a rich state like Sabah is still so poorly developed.
Of course MOH was again invited and did not show. Did not even reply a hand delivered letter of invitation, and the present DG of MOH is a Sabahan. They are quite upset.
Ofcourse, they aslo took the occasion to publicise Bersih 3.0 and sell Bersih 3.0 T shirt.

There is another group of doctors out there recruiting doctors for Bersih 3.0. This image is by them. I wish that they will contact me. We can work together, I am sure.

No comments: